The Otley Run is a famous pub crawl based in Leeds in the United Kingdom, and graphic design student Lydia Bedford designed a concept beer brand inspired by the event.
The beer concept brand revolves around providing a unique beer for each individual bar that the pub crawlers visit as part of the Otley Run, with a total of 18. Each distinct beer is simple in its design and features a number for each bar that is visited, with the numbers themselves revealing quirky graphic designs. Bedford also designed score cards with similar graphic designs that give participants methods of tracking their consumption and seeing how many pubs they are able to visit, making the Otley Run a competition as much as it is a fun experience.
By designing a concept brand around a popular event, Bedford's work offers inspiration for how the Otley Run and similar events can be run to increase participant engagement.
These Beer Bottles Were Inspired by the Famous Otley Run
1. Concept Beer Branding - Designing unique beer brands inspired by popular events can increase participant engagement.
2. Personalized Beverage Experiences - Creating distinct beers for each bar visited offers a personalized and memorable pub crawl experience.
3. Gamified Social Experiences - Integrating score cards and competition elements into pub crawls can enhance the fun and engagement for participants.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can explore partnership opportunities with popular events to design unique beers for participants.
2. Event Management - Event organizers can incorporate personalized beverage experiences into their pub crawl events to attract more participants.
3. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can create visually appealing score cards and branding materials for pub crawl events to enhance the overall experience.