Shoppers in a seemingly unassuming The North Face store in South Korea got the scare of their lives when they were unexpectedly roped into a freaky marketing stunt out together by The North Face and South Korean marketing agency Innored.
Shoppers were browsing the store's offerings when the floor below them slowly began to recede and disappear, while the clothing racks began rising to the ceiling. This meant shoppers were forced to grab onto the rock-climbing walls, which conveniently had rock-climbing holds and grips attached to them. A North Face jacket attached to a wire was then dangled from the ceiling, with customers challenged to leap from the wall and grab the jacket before landing on a padded pit below.
Unsurprisingly, the shoppers' reactions are pretty hilarious to witness.
The campaign was borne out of The North Face's desire to encourage customers to overcome unexpected challenges using their inner strength.
This 'The North Face' Stunt Gave Shoppers Quite a Scare
1. Immersive Marketing Stunts - Brands can create immersive marketing stunts that effectively engage and delight customers to deliver unique experiences.
2. Innovative In-store Experiences - Retailers can create innovative in-store experiences that wow customers and differentiate their brand from competitors.
3. Challenges as Brand Messaging - Brands can promote messages of overcoming challenges to inspire and motivate customers, while building brand loyalty.
1. Retail - Retailers can leverage immersive marketing stunts and innovative in-store experiences to attract customers and increase sales.
2. Marketing - Marketing agencies can create unique and engaging campaigns that utilize challenges and unexpected experiences to capture consumer attention.
3. Outdoor Apparel - Outdoor apparel brands like The North Face can promote their products and messaging of overcoming challenges through immersive marketing stunts and experiences.