Designed by Yusuke Watanabe, the idea for the Parachute Wall Shelf came to him as he listened to Coldplay's first album titled 'Parachutes.' The clever design is inspired by the way clothes-pegs secure objects on a clothesline by clipping onto them.
Watanabe's wall shelf - Gold Winner of the A Design Award of the year 2021 - uses multiple pegs or planks to hold objects in place by gently pinning them to the wall. Its wavy design is reminiscent of parachute cloth and is made from colored sheet-metal stripes. The shelf upholds an abstract art image to blend into interior home decor seamlessly when not in use. As the shelf sits flush to the wall, users can gently tip one of the pegs forward to store objects and clothes.
Image Credit: Yanko Design
The Parachute Wall Shelf Features an Award-Winning Design
1. Multipurpose Wall Peg Shelves - The creative use of wall pegs to hold objects opens up opportunities for new versatile storage solutions.
2. Abstract Art Design - Integrating abstract art into functional design can create visually appealing products that add a unique touch to home decor.
3. Sustainable Materials - Utilizing sustainable materials, such as colored sheet-metal stripes, in product design can appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Furniture Industry - The Parachute Wall Shelf demonstrates how incorporating creative design elements into furniture can lead to unique and practical solutions for interior decorating.
2. Home Goods Retail Industry - Retailers specializing in home goods can leverage the trend of multifunctional home decor by incorporating innovative yet practical designs into their product lines, like the Parachute Wall Shelf.
3. Eco-friendly Manufacturing Industry - Creating sustainable products from materials like the colored sheet-metal stripes used in the Parachute Wall Shelf can appeal to environmentally conscious consumers and drive innovation in eco-friendly manufacturing practices.