Designers continue to surprise consumers with unique products like those in the Las Gordas series. Since the environment has become a growing issue in modern society, people have stepped up to try in big and small ways to alleviate the pressure the present day species is putting on the world. This activism has resulted in some intriguing creations. In this case, the Las Gordas series sees the re-appropriation of the plastic colander.
Designed by Christian Vivanco in collaboration with Mexico-based Casa Gutierrez Najera gallery, the Las Gordas series is simple, playful and very colorful. It features a large, classic white lampshade with a strategic hole cut out to accommodate the handle of the colander when placed on top of it. The light emits softly from both the top and bottom of the Las Gordas lamps.
Christian Vivanco's Las Gordas Series is Colorfully Unique
1. Upcycling Design - Designers repurpose everyday objects into functional products, creating unique and sustainable pieces.
2. Eco-friendly Lighting - Consumers demand lighting fixtures that are environmentally conscious, leading to innovative design solutions.
3. Colorful Minimalism - Designers experiment with bold colors and simple forms to create playful yet sophisticated products for the modern consumer.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can use upcycling design to offer sustainable and visually striking products to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Lighting - The lighting industry can innovate by offering eco-friendly designs that incorporate upcycling and playful minimalism into functional lighting fixtures.
3. Art and Design Galleries - Art and design galleries can showcase and promote the work of designers who are innovative in their use of materials and sustainability efforts.