jack & annie’s has launched three new frozen meal offerings, joining its existing lineup of sustainable alternative meat products. The new ‘crispy jack patties,’ ‘buffalo jack patties,’ and ‘gluten-free crispy jack tenders’ are convenient and full of flavor, making them the perfect substitute for plant-based meals or even to satisfy a meat-eater’s cravings. jack & annie’s ‘crispy jack patties,’ ‘buffalo jack patties,’ and ‘gluten-free jack tenders’ are nominated for the NEXTY Award Finalist for the Best New Special Diet Food.
"By using jackfruit as our #1 ingredient, we're able to make foods that not only satisfy like meat, but that also are a good source of fiber and protein, lower in fat and calories than meat products, and simpler and less processed compared to other meat alternatives. Jackfruit has a naturally meaty texture, and also picks up flavors well, allowing for a versatile and delicious tasting experience,” aid Annie Ryu, CEO and founder of jack & annie's.
The new products from jack & annie’s are currently on sale in supermarkets around the country, including Sprouts, HEB, Wegmans, Publix, Giant, and Stop & Shop. Each box retails for $6.49 USD.
Image Credit: jack & annie's
jack & annie's Introduces Three New Plant-Based Meat Offerings
1. Jackfruit-based Meat - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for meat-alternative industries to use jackfruit as a primary ingredient in their products for its low-fat, low-calorie, and high-fiber properties.
2. Convenient and Flavorful Plant-based Meals - The trend of convenient and flavorful plant-based meals is growing, creating opportunities for innovative companies to create more sustainable and healthy meal options.
3. Gluten-free Meat Alternatives - The demand for gluten-free meat alternatives is on the rise, providing an opportunity for companies to capitalize on this trend by creating innovative gluten-free meat substitutes.
1. Meat-alternative Industry - The meat-alternative industry can take advantage of the jackfruit trend by developing new products and improving existing ones to cater to consumers looking for healthy, low-fat, and low-calorie options.
2. Food Retail Industry - The food retail industry can take advantage of the trend toward convenient and flavorful plant-based meals by offering innovative and sustainable food options in their stores.
3. Gluten-free Food Industry - The gluten-free food industry can capitalize on the demand for gluten-free meat alternatives creating new meat-substitutes with gluten-free jackfruit as the primary ingredient.