The huge skylights in this house by Apollo Architects extend from the roof right to the basement. This bold design creates a modern look of a home engulfed with glass.
The goal of this incredible design was to create a space that would let more light flow throughout the house, especially into the normally dark basement. The designers have achieved this by creating huge skylights that are situated all throughout the house.
This project is a great way to not only brighten up a home, but also to bring in the outdoor space to become more in tune with nature. The end result is a stunning piece of architecture, and I can only imagine the way the stars and the moon must look when they beam into the house at night.
Apollo Architects's House Has Huge Skylights That Reach the Basement
1. Glass-focus Design - This trend could lead to innovative development of glass technology, including skylights with adjustable opacity to control the amount of sunlight that enters a home or office.
2. Home Energy Efficiency - The use of natural light could lead to further exploration of home energy-efficient designs, including the use of solar panels and other innovative methods for harnessing natural energy.
3. Integration with Nature - The trend towards using more glass in architecture could lead to innovative designs that integrate natural features of the surrounding environment into the building itself.
1. Architecture and Design - This trend opens up opportunities for architects and designers to push the boundaries of traditional building materials and techniques.
2. Construction and Building Materials - Innovative glass technology could disrupt the traditional building materials industry and inspire new developments in construction technology.
3. Renewable Energy - The trend towards energy-efficient designs and harnessing natural energy opens up opportunities for renewable energy companies to partner with builders and designers to create more sustainable structures.