The Greater Than London Dry Gin was created by bar owners and entrepreneurs Anand Virmani and Vaibhav Singh as a premium spirit for connoisseurs seeking out an alternative to existing options on the market. Positioned as the first craft gin from India, the spirit is distilled in copper pot stills in Goa and infused with botanicals found locally within the country. Featuring a 40% ABV, the spirit will be making its debut in the UK at a suggested price of £22.49.
Virmani, CEO of Nao Spirits, spoke on the Greater Than London Dry Gin saying, "India and the UK are forever tied together in the history of gin. If not for the English, we would not have had our first sip of gin, and if not for India, the English would never have discovered the gin and tonic. The ties between the two countries of course have become tighter over time and it seemed only natural to us to produce an authentic Indian gin.”
The Greater Than London Dry Gin is Being Debuted in the UK
1. Craft Gin - The emergence of craft gin distilleries locally and internationally presents opportunities for entrepreneurs to tap into the premium spirits market through innovation.
2. Locally-sourced Botanicals - The use of locally-sourced botanicals presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for spirits manufacturers to capitalize on the demand for unique flavors and ingredients synonymous with specific regions.
3. Culture-infused Spirits - Making and marketing culture-infused spirits like the Greater Than London Dry Gin presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for entrepreneurs to cater to the growing ethnic consumer markets worldwide.
1. Craft Distilleries - Entrepreneurs can set up craft distilleries specializing in locally-made gin and spirits that offer a unique flavor profile to the discerning palates of consumers.
2. Botanicals Suppliers - Entrepreneurs can capitalize on the demand for locally-sourced botanicals and establish businesses that supply these key ingredients to distilleries and other beverage manufacturing industries worldwide.
3. Export and Import Businesses - Entrepreneurs can establish businesses centered around importing and promoting premium spirits made in emerging markets like India where traditional cultural flavors infuse the products.