The Moonshot Gin comes as one of the more prestigious gin liquors on the market that has been crafted from ingredients that have experienced the vacuum of space. Botanicals including coriander, juniper, fresh lemon peel and cubeb pepper were added into a container alongside actual moon rocks before being launched into the stratosphere. This exposed the ingredients to an immense level of pressure that is purported to have enhanced them with a certain level of flavor and charm before being used to craft the final libation.
The Moonshot Gin liquors are available for purchase in the UK from Firebox or in the US from Master of Malt with the price set at a relatively low point to make it a libation capable of being enjoyed by anyone.
Moonshot Gin is Made Using Materials Sent into Space
1. Space-distilled Alcoholic Beverages - Opportunities exist to use the unique environment of space to create new flavors and experiences for alcoholic beverages.
2. Using Extreme Environments to Enhance Flavor - Exploring other extreme environments, such as deep sea or high altitude, for their effects on ingredient flavors could lead to new and unique product development.
3. Hyper-local Sourcing - Utilizing unique ingredients and processes, such as space materials or extreme environments, can create a strong sense of local sourcing and connect consumers to the brand in a new way.
1. Alcoholic Beverages - Alcoholic beverage companies can explore the use of unique ingredients and production methods to differentiate their products and create premium offerings.
2. Space Exploration - Space agencies and companies can partner with food and beverage producers to research and optimize the effects of space on food and drink ingredients.
3. Tourism - Hyper-local offerings created through unique sourcing and production methods, such as space-distilled gin, can create new tourism opportunities and attract consumers seeking unique experiences.