M & M finally announced the results of its "Flavor Vote" campaign, which let fans pick the new flavor twist to be added to the classic Peanut M & M. The winning flavor that will be added to the M & M line of products is Coffee Nut. The announcement was made by friend of the yellow M & M and actor Tony Hale.
Fans had the opportunity to vote on Chili Nut, Honey Nut and Coffee Nut. The three new flavors were on sale for three and a half months to let fans try out each before voting for their favorite. While this isn't the first time M & M has launched uniquely flavored chocolate candies, this is the first time it used crowdsourced voting tactics to pick a new flavor.
Coffee Nut is the New M & M Flavor After Winning a "Flavor Vote" Campaign
1. Crowdsourced Voting - Opportunity for brands to engage with customers and gather feedback on product preferences through crowdsourced voting tactics.
2. Unique Flavored Candies - Opportunity for confectionery companies to create buzz and attract new customers by introducing uniquely flavored chocolate candies.
3. Limited-time Flavor Experiences - Opportunity for brands to create a sense of urgency and exclusivity by launching limited-time flavor offerings and engaging customers in trying and voting for their favorite.
1. Confectionery - Disruptive innovation opportunity for confectionery industry to explore new flavor profiles and create unique products to cater to changing consumer preferences.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies to develop creative campaigns and strategies around crowdsourced voting to drive customer engagement and brand loyalty.
3. Food and Beverage Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity for food and beverage retailers to leverage limited-time flavor experiences to attract customers, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.