The M&M’s Caramel Cold Brew milk chocolate candies are a new treat being added to the brand's product roster as a way to tap into the popularity of cold coffee beverages. The candies feature the familiar form of the signature chocolate treat, but are formulated with the flavor of cold brew coffee with notes of sweet caramel. The candies also introduce the new Purple M&M character mascot, which was unveiled in September of this year.
Senior Marketing Director at Mars Wrigley Allison Miasma-Bedrick commented on the new M&M’s Caramel Cold Brew milk chocolate candies saying, "More and more coffee drinkers are exploring new flavor combinations, with cold brew ranking as one of Gen Z’s most purchased drinks. Mars’ M&M’s brand decided to tap into the booming cold brew coffee scene and pair it with a confectionary favorite — caramel."
M&M’s Caramel Cold Brew Taps into the Popularity of Chilled Coffee
1. Cold Brew-flavored Treats - Offering new cold brew coffee-flavored product variations can cater to the growing popularity of the beverage.
2. Mascot Launches for Product Line Extensions - Introducing new mascots can create a fresh identity for a brand's product line extensions.
3. Cross-category Flavor Pairings - Pairing popular flavors from different categories can create a unique and exciting taste for consumers.
1. Confectionery - Exploring new and unique flavors can attract a wider audience and increase sales for candy companies.
2. Coffee and Beverage - Experimenting with new cold brew flavors can attract younger consumers who are looking for unique beverage experiences.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Launching new mascots can help rebrand and reposition a product line to appeal to a broader audience.