Nine different artists were commissioned to design a flag that best represents their ideals and morals in a new flag project simply titled 'Flags.' Object_ify 139 and The Ace Hotel collaborated on this project after the 2016 US Presidential election, which bore witness to an eruption of substantial protests and an out pour of meaningful public action. Feeling as though their values were under threat, 'Flags' was created to explore what unites us, rather than what creates a divide.
Maria Candanoza, founder of Object-ify 139 believes that flags are a symbol of connectivity and commonality. Boldly bright and colorful, the flag project brought together artists and activists to create images which artfully symbolize a passion for supporting immigrants and refugees, environmental conservation, equality, healthcare for the LGBTQ+ community and much more.
This Flag Project Combines Connectivity and Activism with Art
1. Activist Flags - The trend of creating politically charged flags as a means of artistic activism is an opportunity for artists and creatives to express their political views and engage with a wider audience.
2. Connective Symbols - The increasing use of flags as a symbol of connectivity and commonality creates an opportunity for companies and organizations to incorporate them as part of their branding and marketing strategies.
3. Artistic Activism - The trend of combining art and activism through projects like 'Flags' offers opportunities for artists, organizations, and businesses to create and promote social change through creative expression.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can produce unique politically charged flags that resonate with consumers and promote their brands or message.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Non-profit organizations can use flags as a means to showcase their mission and values, and to engage with their communities in a creative and impactful way.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Brands and businesses can incorporate flags as part of their marketing strategies to showcase their values and connect with socially conscious consumers.