There are some things that are frowned upon where you live, but are embraced in other places -- this is a fact that one of the latest Expedia campaigns are trying to shine a light on. For instance, while selfies might be deemed narcissistic in the United States, on the Greek Islands, that word translates to "independent."
Conceived and executed by the Miami Ad School, an agency based in New York, the Expedia campaign takes on the form of playful typography posters that share these findings and more with modern society. Another one reads, "In Russia, you're the one who looks exotic." Each phrase drives home the tag line, which encourages people to "be you, somewhere else." Travel has never seemed so tempting, especially for the self-esteem.
The Expedia Campaign Encourages You to "Be You, Somewhere Else"
1. Individuality-embracing Travel - The trend of travel campaigns that promote acceptance of differences and individuality.
2. Cultural Awareness in Advertising - The trend of creating ad campaigns that educate and shed light on cultural differences and norms.
3. Typography Poster Ads - The trend of using playful typography posters as an effective advertising medium.
1. Travel and Hospitality - There is opportunity for travel and hospitality companies to create campaigns that celebrate cultural diversity and promote individuality.
2. Advertising and Marketing - There is opportunity for advertising and marketing firms to create campaigns that educate and shed light on cultural differences and norms.
3. Art and Design - There is opportunity for artists and designers to create visually appealing and effective campaigns using playful typography posters.