The new LinkedIn Volunteer Marketplace gives professionals, students and other members on the networking service the chance to discover volunteer opportunities, without leaving its site.
A recent survey found that 82% of LinkedIn members want to volunteer their time and skills. What makes the LinkedIn Volunteer Marketplace unique is that it helps those who want to volunteer pair their skills with available positions, which is to the benefit of both parties, such as a volunteer graphic design position.
The Marketplace just launched today, January 15th and now, users have the chance to discover volunteer opportunities and non-profit board positions on LinkedIn, just as they would look for a job by refining their searches with keywords, desired locations or titles.
Discover Volunteer Opportunities on LinkedIn's New Marketplace
1. Skill-based Volunteer Opportunities - The LinkedIn Volunteer Marketplace allows professionals to discover volunteer positions that align with their specific skills, creating a more impactful volunteering experience.
2. Integrated Volunteering Platforms - The launch of LinkedIn's Volunteer Marketplace highlights a trend towards integrating volunteering platforms within existing professional networking sites, making it easier for professionals to find and engage in volunteer work.
3. Demand for Purpose-driven Engagement - The survey revealing that 82% of LinkedIn members want to volunteer indicates a growing demand for purpose-driven engagement, creating opportunities for businesses to connect with talent through meaningful volunteer initiatives.
1. Non-profit Sector - The LinkedIn Volunteer Marketplace provides the non-profit sector with a new avenue to attract skilled volunteers and board members, fostering innovation and growth within the industry.
2. Social Networking - The integration of volunteer opportunities within LinkedIn's platform showcases the potential for social networking sites to evolve beyond professional connections and expand into community-building platforms.
3. Employment Services - The emergence of skill-based volunteer networks like LinkedIn's Volunteer Marketplace presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for employment service providers to expand their offerings and cater to the growing demand for purpose-driven work experiences.