Swiss bag brand QWSTION and students from art and design university ECAL teamed up to create a series of innovative bag designs with a lightweight and sustainable material called 'CottonShell.' This is a material that QWSTION often uses in its products, as it is woven from 100% cotton, yet offers high-performance, water- and wind-proof features.
Some of the designs that came about as part of the collaboration between QWSTION and ECAL include the Big Fold backpack with integrated folding rain ponchos, reinvented camera bags for the modern photographer and the roll-top Dot Dot Dot bag, which boasts a form that reminds of the look of protective bubble wrap.
Alongside bags, some of the other inventive designs that were created with CottonShell include umbrellas, scarves and other accessories.
QWSTION and ECAL Students Created Carryalls with 'CottonShell'
1. Sustainable Backpacks - Incorporate sustainable materials into backpack designs for environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Waterproof Technology - Develop materials and technologies that have waterproof properties and can be used in various industries, including backpacks and other accessories.
3. Collaborative Design - Collaborate with universities and design schools to create innovative products and incorporate fresh, new ideas.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can utilize sustainable and waterproof materials to create eco-friendly, high-performance products.
2. Outdoor Gear - Outdoor gear companies can incorporate waterproof and sustainable materials into backpacks, tents, jackets, and other gear to improve durability and environmental friendliness.
3. Accessories - Manufacturers of various accessories such as scarves, hats, and bags can embrace waterproof and sustainable materials to create functional yet stylish products for consumers who value sustainability.