Buckwheat is often heaped onto dinner plates as a popular grain substitute, but it can also be consumed in the form of a buckwheat tea.
Mount Zen is one brand that prepares a Tartary Buckwheat Tea that's naturally caffeine-free, gluten-free and organic. As far as why you might indulge in a heart-healthy cup of buckwheat tea, this hot drink is known to contain 100 times the amount of rutin as common buckwheat. This means that the drink is able to clear blood vessels, strengthen the capillaries and improve blood circulation, as well as lower cholesterol levels, manage diabetes and detoxification. Mount Zen's buckwheat tea is also rich in A, B and C vitamins.
In terms of look and taste, the tea is yellow in color and has a flavor that's best described as dry, nutty and toasty.
Mount Zen Makes Tea from Tartary Buckwheat
1. Heart-healthy Teas - The trend of heart-healthy teas provides an opportunity for the development of more buckwheat tea options with additional health benefits.
2. Functional Beverages - The trend of functional beverages opens up possibilities for the creation of unique buckwheat tea flavors and added functional ingredients.
3. Organic and Gluten-free Products - The trend of organic and gluten-free products suggests a potential market for buckwheat teas that cater to health-conscious consumers with specific dietary needs.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry can capitalize on the demand for unique and healthy buckwheat tea flavors, as well as the development of functional beverages.
2. Health and Wellness Industry - The health and wellness industry can explore the potential of buckwheat tea as a heart-healthy option and develop innovative products that cater to specific health benefits.
3. Natural and Organic Products Industry - The natural and organic products industry can seize the opportunity to create organic and gluten-free buckwheat tea options to meet the rising demand for health-conscious products.