BP and Hertz have announced a partnership to launch a national network of electric vehicle charging stations to accelerate and support EV adoption rates. The charging stations will be powered by BP Pulse, which is the brand's global electrical and charging solution, and will also allow Hertz to power up its electric fleet. The partnership is expected to vastly increase access to charging infrastructure and enhance visibility of electric vehicles for consumers.
Founder of Amply Power and President of BP Pulse's Fleet Division in the US Vic Shao spoke on the BP and Hertz partnership saying, "This is a landmark moment. It shows the power of bringing together BP's digital and operational capabilities with a partner like Hertz. Together with its industry-leading electrification ambitions, we can change the future of electric rental cars."
BP and Hertz Have Joined Forces to Launch EV Charging Stations
1. National EV Charging Networks - Creating a comprehensive network of EV charging stations to support the adoption and visibility of electric vehicles.
2. Collaborative Charging Partnerships - Forging partnerships between companies such as BP and Hertz to leverage their respective strengths and accelerate innovation in EV charging infrastructure.
3. Multifunctional EV Charging Stations - Developing charging stations that not only power up electric vehicles but also offer innovative features such as sustainable power solutions or remote monitoring capabilities.
1. Automotive Rental Industry - Innovating and transforming the rental industry by offering electric rental cars and integrating EV charging infrastructure.
2. Oil and Gas Industry - Embracing the transition to sustainable energy by investing in and developing EV charging infrastructure, diversifying their business models.
3. Smart Building Industry - Integrating EV charging stations into the design and functionality of commercial and residential buildings to support the growing demand for electric vehicles.