Pro skateboarder Bob Burnquist may have a 30-year career under his belt, but one skate park will never lose its luster--the Mega Ramp he completed in his Southern California backyard.
At eight stories high and over 100 yards long, Bob Burnquist's backyard ramp is the world's largest. It was built with support from Burnquist's apparel sponsors, Oakley and Hurley, and cost $280,000 to create. Since the Mega Ramp opened in late September, only one person besides Burnquist has attempted it: Mega Ramp pioneer Danny Way. Many of Burnquist's skater buddies prefer to wait until after the season to partake in this perilous thrill ride.
Images from Bob Burnquist's MySpace page.
Bob Burnquist's Mega Ramp
1. Backyard Skatepark Construction - Opportunity for companies to specialize in building custom skateparks in residential areas.
2. Extreme Sports Sponsorship - Potential for apparel and equipment brands to sponsor backyard skatepark projects and feature professional skaters.
3. Adventurous Home Entertainment - Innovation in creating unique backyard experiences, such as mega ramps, for thrill-seeking homeowners.
1. Construction - Construction companies that specialize in building skateparks.
2. Apparel and Equipment - Brands that manufacture and sell skateboarding apparel and equipment.
3. Home Entertainment - Companies that provide unique entertainment experiences for homeowners, focusing on extreme sports and adrenaline-inducing activities.