Black is Beautiful is a stout beer that's uniting craft brewers around the world and bringing awareness to the injustices faced Black Americans to this day. The dark stout was created by Marcus Baskerville of San Antonio’s Weathered Souls Brewing Company, who worked with fellow brewer Jeff Stuffings, who saw the opportunity for the product to become even more collaborative in nature.
The recipe and label for Black is Beautiful are available to all breweries with the condition that all proceeds go towards supporting organizations that are working towards ending police brutality. While the label is made up of gradient shades, the logo for the beer itself recalls some of the signs that are being seen during the BLM movement.
Hundreds of breweries from 13 countries around the world are participating in the creation and circulation of Black is Beautiful.
The Black is Beautiful Stout Brings Awareness to Ongoing Injustice
1. Craft Brewer Collaboration - Craft brewers are uniting to collaborate on products that raise awareness and support causes.
2. Protest-inspired Product Design - Product designs are incorporating visual cues from social justice movements, such as the Black Lives Matter movement.
3. Cause-driven Consumer Products - Consumer products are being created to generate funds and support organizations that are addressing social issues like police brutality.
1. Craft Brewing - Craft breweries have the opportunity to collaborate on products with a social impact.
2. Consumer Goods - Companies in the consumer goods industry can create products that raise awareness and funds for social causes.
3. Design and Branding - Designers and branding agencies can incorporate visual elements from social justice movements into their products and branding efforts.