Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ) is a video game speedrun marathon that is held in the United States on a semi-annual basis. The event raises money for charity and in its most recent installment, it was able to break its all-time record with a total of $3.1 million dollars raised. The funds will go toward supporting the operations of the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
Awesome Games Done Quick celebrated its 10 year anniversary during the week-long streaming event that was to become the record-holder for charity fundraising. The final 12-hours was where "things really picked up" for the event, with many "trying to reach the last special incentives," while others were donating big — House House, the game's developer, actually donated a whopping $10,000 during the run.
Image Credit: Games Done Quick
Awesome Games Done Quick Breaks Its Fundraising Record
1. Video Game Speedrun Marathons - Disruptive innovation opportunities include incorporating live streaming and gamification elements into charity fundraising events.
2. Record-breaking Charity Fundraising - Disruptive innovation opportunities include leveraging social media and digital platforms to increase the reach and impact of charitable initiatives.
3. Celebrating Milestone Anniversaries - Disruptive innovation opportunities include using milestone events to engage audiences, boost brand awareness, and generate new fundraising opportunities.
1. Video Gaming - Disruptive innovation opportunities include creating platforms and events that blend gaming and charitable causes to attract and engage a wide audience.
2. Nonprofit/charity - Disruptive innovation opportunities include adopting digital fundraising strategies, leveraging social media, and partnering with gaming communities to maximize fundraising efforts.
3. Digital Media - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing innovative streaming platforms and content formats that merge entertainment and philanthropy to drive audience engagement and revenue growth.