In order to introduce its new cabins in Asia, Air France set up a unique airline marketing stunt at the boarding gates, which would pit travelers against one another for a chance to earn themselves an upgrade.
The Upgrade Challenge took the form of a mobile game that took place over the course of 15 minutes. The challenge was a game of Cloud Slicer, which was easy enough for people of all ages to play on mobile tablets. During this time, the leaders of the mini competition were projected on digital dashboards, making this the only time people would wish for more time in the waiting area. The people with the highest scores were automatically upgraded to the airline's new business cabins, featuring a roomy space to sprawl out during a flight.
Air France's Airline Marketing Stunt Had Travelers Compete for Better Seats
1. Gamified Marketing - Using mobile games and challenges as a marketing strategy to engage and reward customers.
2. Traveler Competitions - Creating competitions or challenges for travelers to earn rewards or upgrades.
3. Digital Dashboards - Using digital displays to showcase competition leaders and create a sense of urgency.
1. Airlines - Airlines can implement gamified marketing strategies to attract and retain customers, while also offering unique experiences and rewards.
2. Mobile Gaming - Mobile gaming industry can collaborate with airlines to develop engaging games and challenges for marketing purposes.
3. Digital Signage - Digital signage industry can provide innovative and interactive displays for airports and airlines to enhance customer experiences and engagement.