Retro DIY fashion designs are revamped with a modern-day touch
Implications - Tie-dye fashions may be a thing of the past, but the repurposing of this once DIY concept is surely something that will attract individuals who enjoy retro looks. Combining this colorfully abstract art form with modern-day fashions, designers are creating pieces that emit an old-school vibe with a contemporary touch, giving fashionistas more options when it comes to retro-inspired outfits.
1. Retro DIY Fashion Designs - Tie-dye fashions may be a thing of the past, but the repurposing of this once DIY concept is surely something that will attract individuals who enjoy retro looks.
2. Ecological Fashion - The Shabd Simon-Alexander SS11 collection shows how tie-dye can be adapted for a softer, almost ethereal side of eco-conscious fashion.
3. Nostalgic Pop Culture - Youth consumers are looking to the past as a guide for their style choices, companies should appropriate elements from pop culture from previous decades to nurture an emotional connection.
1. Fashion - Designers have taken tie-dye patterns and adapted them to modern fashion items, creating a new trend for the retro lovers.
2. Apparel & Footwear - The release of new fashion lines as seen in the Emerica Reynolds Cruisers creates potential opportunities for companies to debut new clothing lines in video games to build anticipation and demand.
3. Photography & Art - Tie-dye as shown in various photoshoots creates a platform to showcase creativity and demonstrate the suitability of tie-dye designs to different settings.