Consumers turn to survival-focused fashion to convey their interests
Implications - The collision of fitness culture and adventure tourism has resulted in a new fashion frontier. Survivalist fashion is not only rugged in its appearance; it is also geared towards extreme forms of fitness and leisure. As consumers continue to stretch their physical limits, they begin searching for products that reflect and champion their newfound extremism.
Workshop Question - What does the convergence of trends in your industry look like?
1. Survivalist Fashion - The intersection of fitness culture and adventure tourism has resulted in a new fashion frontier, which opens up opportunities for brands to create products geared towards extreme forms of fitness and leisure.
2. Tactical Utility Accessories - In a rising demand for products that offer multi-use functions, tactical survival accessories like the 'Sharktooth' Tactical Utility Pendant provides 12-in-1 different uses. Companies could explore creating products that are multi-functional and versatile.
3. Hybrid Sneaker Boots - Bringing together sneakers and boots in a hybrid silhouette that makes use of both shoe elements create a product for athletically-inclined consumers to wear during a wide range of sports and experiences.
1. Fashion - The survivalist and tactical utility trends seen in this article can be applied to clothing and accessory designs to provide consumers with options suitable for extreme fitness and leisure.
2. Outdoor Recreation - From jackets to boots, this article highlights a rising demand for products that enable a more active lifestyle through durability, weather resistance, and multi-functionality.
3. Technology - Companies can innovate through incorporating tech features into products such as waterproof watch straps and durable phone cases.