Food dehydrators empower consumers looking to create their own jerky snacks
Implications - As the artisanal and alternative jerky markets thrive, DIY-inclined consumers are investing in at-home food dehydrators based on cost-effectiveness and the ability to control the every aspect of the process, such as quality of ingredients. This shift speaks to the contemporary popularity of at-home food preservation as a hobby for both Millennials and Boomers, who are undertaking the learning of new skills as a means of personal fulfillment and method of relaxation.
Workshop Question - How can you empower consumers looking to build-on their food knowledge by exploring new culinary hobbies at home?
1. DIY Food Preservation - Encourages consumers to invest in cost-effective, at-home dehydrators to control the quality and variety of preserved foods.
2. Automated Food Dehydration Appliances - Device can be programmed for the duration, temperature, and other controls, as preferred by users.
3. Sun-powered Food Dehydrators - Harnessing the power of the sun, this appliance has the unique quality of being an outdoor decor that dries out food.
1. Home and Garden - An industry that can facilitate creative and practical spaces dedicated to food preservation with DIY kits and appliances.
2. Food and Beverage - Industry professionals can expand beyond the artisanal jerky movement and develop more recipes for multiple kinds of dehydrated food products.
3. Sustainability - The trend of preserving food is eco-friendly, and this movement could become more ambitious in designing sun-powered appliances for a minimal energy footprint.