Emphasis on platonic male relationships glorifies the bachelor lifestyle
Implications - More and more males are part of 'bromances,' engaging in platonic relationships solely with other males. Emphasizing same-sex relationships in this way places the single man and bachelor lifestyle in the spotlight, creating a new version of the 'modern man' in which women may, or may not, be required.
1. Redefining Masculinity - Society's increasing openness to non-traditional forms of masculinity has provided businesses with opportunities to showcase unconventional relationships in advertising, fashion and media.
2. Intimate Male Relationships - Increasingly, advertising and media are showcasing the emotional bonds of platonic male relationships, including the advent of bromantic photography.
3. Bromances in Popular Culture - Blockbuster movies have forever been romanticized for their meticulous portrayal of superhero team-ups and bromances, creating a whole new lover archetype for audiences to connect to.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can disrupt traditional advertising to tap into new and diverse audiences by expanding its narrative to include unconventional relationships like bromances.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Marketing campaigns that showcase unconventional platonic relationships can create an authentic narrative that resonates with audiences in the emerging cultural landscape of acceptance and diversity.
3. Media and Film - Blockbuster movies and bromantic photography create a new understanding of human relationship and emotive bonding that companies can replicate in their products and campaigns alike.