Transformed from a rundown, derelict building into a luxurious penthouse fit for celebrities, the Villa in the Sky by Abraham John Architects demonstrates just how much can be done to upgrade a structure.
The house is located in India, and sits on top of a hill overlooking the ocean. Moreover, all rooms face the ocean to make the most of this pristine location in the tropical paradise. Abraham John Architects wanted to ensure that the building was eco-friendly, so the team installed low-energy appliances. For the interior design, wood accents are used throughout, giving the house a luxurious look, but one that appears natural and not over-the-top.
For a house to escape to, the Villa in the Sky is close to perfection.
Photo Credits: designboom, abrahamjohnarchitects
The Villa in the Sky Goes from Rundown to Luxurious
1. Building Upgrades - Opportunities for transforming rundown buildings into luxurious spaces are on the rise.
2. Eco-friendly Design - The demand for low-energy appliances and sustainable materials in building upgrades presents a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Luxury Real Estate - The market for high-end, ocean-facing properties continues to grow, creating opportunities for luxurious and stylish building upgrades.
1. Architecture and Design - Architects and designers can capitalize on the trend of building upgrades to transform derelict buildings into stunning, eco-friendly structures.
2. Home Appliances - Appliance manufacturers can seize the opportunity to develop and market low-energy appliances for eco-friendly building upgrades.
3. Real Estate Development - Real estate developers can meet the demand for luxury properties by acquiring and upgrading rundown buildings into high-end, ocean-facing homes.