To expand upon the types of snack wraps that it currently offers, Starbucks launched an all-vegan wrap to appeal to consumers who prioritize health or a simply a desire to try something new.
The BBQ Vegan Wrap with Jackfruit and Slaw features a whole wheat seeded wrap that is filled with carrot, pureed sweet corn slaw and spinach leaves. Although meats like chicken, beef and tuna are the feature ingredients in many of Starbucks' current wraps, jackfruit is used as a substitute in this new wrap, as it boasts similar properties to meat. Since jackfruit boasts the ability to shred like pulled pork, as well as take on a variety of flavored seasonings, this ingredient is becoming a well-known one in the world of plant-based meat replacements.
Starbucks' New Vegan Wrap is Stuffed with Pulled BBQ Jackfruit
1. Plant-based Meat Replacements - The use of jackfruit as a meat substitute offers an opportunity for brands to explore more plant-based meat replacements.
2. Vegan Fast Food - Starbucks' launch of its vegan wrap highlights the growing demand for vegan fast food options.
3. Healthy Snacking - Starbucks' new vegan wrap appeals to consumers who prioritize health, presenting new opportunities for healthy snacking options.
1. Qsrs (quick Service Restaurants) - The rise of plant-based meat replacements in Starbucks' offerings creates an opportunity for QSRs to expand their vegetarian and vegan menus.
2. Food and Beverage Manufacturing - The increasing popularity of veganism and plant-based diets present opportunities for food and beverage manufacturers to innovate and create more plant-based products.
3. Health and Wellness - The demand for healthy snacking options offers opportunities for the health and wellness industry to create products that cater to this need.