From chewing gum that tastes like meatballs to jelly beans that taste like freshly mowed grass, the world certainly has no shortage of unique candy flavors. Now, Japanese candy company UHA and Sanrio have teamed up to add one more unusual option.
Although Sanrio is a brand that's best known for bringing Hello Kitty into the world, it also is responsible for the creation of a number of other fun characters, such as Kirimi the salmon filet. In Japan, UHA's Puccho candy is represented by a Puccho-kun, an anime mascot that was recently named the love interest of Sanrio's salmon character. This pairing is represented on a new co-branded candy that blends the classic chewy form of a Puccho candy with the flavor of fishy salmon.
Beyond just creating a flavor that curious people will be compelled to try, the love story between the two brand mascots makes the unique candy even more charming.
This Unique Candy from UHA and Sanrio Looks and Tastes Like Salmon
1. Novelty Candy Flavors - The rise of novelty candy flavors presents an opportunity for companies to create unique and unexpected taste experiences.
2. Candy Brand Collaborations - Collaborations between candy brands create new and exciting flavor combinations, providing a chance for brands to differentiate themselves in the market.
3. Character Branding in Candy - The use of popular characters in candy branding, as seen with Sanrio and UHA, can create a unique emotional connection with consumers.
1. Confectionery - Innovation in candy flavors and branding provides an opportunity for confectionery companies to stand out in a crowded market.
2. Licensing and Merchandising - Collaborations between brands can extend beyond candy into licensing and merchandising agreements, creating new revenue streams.
3. Social Media Advertising - Using unique flavors and branding, candy companies can create shareable content for social media, increasing brand visibility and engagement.