Twin River Distillery has launched what it claims is the worlds strongest gin. Known as 'Uncut', this potent gin is not processed with any additional water and is bottled straight from the still. Twin River Distillery is located in Aberdeen, Scotland, and was founded by the team behind Deeside Brewery. The goal of this gin was to push the boundaries of alcohol, while still providing a palatable product. Twin River recommends enjoying the gin over ice with a twist of lemon, to preserve the punchy flavor of juniper.
Bottles of Uncut have yet to be released, but a small batch of 101 50cl bottles will be launched in mid-February at the Gin Festival at the Thainstone House in Inverurie. Twin River Distillery is hoping that this new product will dethrone the Bombay Sapphire mishap of 2017, where certain bottles contained 77% ABV.
Image Credit: Twin River Distillery
Twin River Distillery Released a Gin With a Staggering 77% ABV
1. High-abv Spirits - There is a growing trend of distilleries creating high-ABV spirits such as gin, vodka, and whiskey.
2. Craft Distilling - The rise of craft distilling is creating opportunities for smaller and more innovative players to disrupt the spirits industry with unique products.
3. Premiumization of Gin - Distilleries are offering high-end gin with unique botanicals and flavors, targeting consumers looking for a more premium gin experience.
1. Craft Spirits - Smaller craft distillers are well-positioned to take advantage of the trend towards high-ABV spirits and offer unique products that disrupt the industry.
2. Alcohol Manufacturing - The trend towards high-ABV spirits presents an opportunity for innovation in the manufacturing process, such as finding new ways to create higher alcohol content without sacrificing taste.
3. Premium Gin - High-ABV gin can be marketed as a premium product, appealing to consumers willing to pay more for a unique and high-quality gin experience.