The Tower House residence in New York has a tall, unusual shape that helps it keep its footprint on the surrounding greenery as small as possible. To further help the building blend into its surroundings, the exterior features back-painted glass paneling that reflects the natural surroundings. The house by GLUCK+ was primarily designed for use in the winter and summer weekends, which called for a sustainable design that would help to keep the operating and maintenance costs of the building within a reasonable range.
Since the house adopts an unusual T-shape, the first three floors are smaller in size, with the fourth floor hosting the living spaces and the best views. Since vertical circulation is required in the design, the staircases on each floor are situated right beside windows so that none of the gorgeous nature that surrounds the Tower House goes unappreciated.
GLUCK+'s Tower House Residence Treads Lightly on the Land
1. Sustainable Architecture - The trend of sustainable architecture is growing rapidly, and innovative designs like the Tower House residence are paving the way for more eco-friendly buildings.
2. Elevated Homes - As urban areas become increasingly dense, elevated homes that take up less physical footprint but still offer ample living space are becoming more popular.
3. Integration with Nature - Architectural designs that prioritize integration with nature are increasingly popular, and buildings like the Tower House that reflect their surroundings are at the cutting edge of this trend.
1. Construction - Construction companies that focus on sustainable building practices, as well as innovative designs that prioritize both functionality and eco-friendliness, are well-positioned for growth as demand for environmentally-sound buildings increases.
2. Real Estate - Real estate professionals who specialize in properties with unique and innovative designs, like the Tower House residence, can provide added value to eco-conscious clients looking for sustainable living options.
3. Architecture - Architecture firms that prioritize sustainable building practices and designs that integrate with nature can differentiate themselves in a crowded market and attract clients who are looking for creative solutions to living in urban areas.