Cybertecture brings you another marvel, The Shuffle Tower in Dubai, set to open in 2010. The tower is a mixed use development designed on the "shuffling" of music on a MP3 player. Set on the Dubai waterfront, the 9-story residential building is part of a combined site of six connected plots.
It winds it's way through a parking level, within the podium, with restaurants areas and retail spaces on large floor plates. What is really impressive is the whole building is mechanically jacked which allows the twisting angle between the towers to "shuffle" like in an mp3, and change over time. Residents will enjoy different views over the seasons. Wow it's like your home is an amusement ride.
Tinsiders notes, "Three key elements of built forms are stack and juxtaposed to each other to create a matrix of buildings. The top element is a 129-metre residential tower whilst the middle element is a 69-metre office tower. Sharing the ocean view, both towers have high efficiency with a total of 35 floors. The lower element is a retail mall that connects the above elements. Between these forms are sky gardens and platforms that create a series of communal sky facilities floating above the beach."
The Shuffle Tower in Dubai
1. Shuffle Architecture - There is an opportunity for architects to design buildings that can shuffle and change over time in a manner similar to an MP3 player.
2. Mechanical Movement Architecture - Mechanically jacking buildings to allow twisting angles and shuffling elements can be used to create unique and ever-changing architectural designs.
3. Seasonal Living - Designing buildings that offer different views based on the season can be a new trend that architects can incorporate in their designs.
1. Architecture - Architects can incorporate shuffle architecture, mechanical movement architecture, and seasonal living into their designs to create innovative and unique buildings.
2. Real Estate - Developers can invest in and market buildings that offer interesting and dynamic living spaces, and cater to clients looking for unique experiences.
3. Construction - Building and construction firms can adopt new technologies and methods to create shuffle buildings that can change over time, creating opportunities for innovation and differentiation.