Fresh fruit can often sell itself, so when it came to designing The Patch packaging for enhanced farm products it immediately became important to maintain a sense of organic simplicity. Jackie Elliott's priority was to show the consumer that the scrumptious red seed-studded treats were only delicately manipulated to make delicious wines and jams.
The full-bodied natural ruby color of both products is highlighted behind clear glass bottles and jars. Minimal labeling puts the emphasis on one's view of the contents. Kraft paper boxes provide a sneak peek of each item through circular holes that match the red logo, and the earthy brown of The Patch packaging alludes to the natural quality of the alcohol, the conserves and the freshly picked strawberries.
The Patch Packaging Flaunts the Flavor of the Farm's Scrumptious Strawberries
1. Minimal Labeling Design - Designing packaging with minimal labeling to emphasize the product's natural qualities can create a strong visual impact and appeal to consumers.
2. Farm-to-table Packaging - Packaging that boasts its use of produce from small, local farms can appeal to consumers looking for wholesome and sustainable options.
3. Transparency in Packaging - Using clear glass or plastic packaging to showcase the product can create an engaging, interactive experience for the consumer and increase their perception of the product's freshness.
1. Food and Beverage - Designing minimal and transparent packaging for food and beverage products can differentiate small, local producers from larger companies and increase the product's perceived value.
2. Wine and Spirits - Focusing on a farm-to-table approach and using natural, organic packaging can appeal to consumers looking for unique and artisanal spirits, wines, and other alcoholic beverages.
3. Cosmetics and Personal Care - Transparent packaging can also work in the cosmetics and personal care industry, as it allows consumers to see the actual product before purchasing, increasing their perceived value and transparency with the product.