If consumers want to listen to the newest album from 'The Lights Out,' the rock band wants to make sure that they hear it right. Partnering with Massachusetts craft brewery Aeronaut Brewing Co., The Lights Out's newest album, T.R.I.P. can only be purchased with a can of Aeronaut's beer of the same name.
As The Lights Out puts it, their album is released on a can of beer (rather than on vinyl or CD.) However, that's a clever turn of marketing, technically speaking. Each can of Aeronaut's T.R.I.P. beer comes with instructions on the label for how to download the album in various formats online.
The beer itself is a 7.5 percent ABV Imperial Session IPA. Though packed full of "galaxy hops" inspired by the album's sci-fi themes, the beer is refreshing and smooth-drinking.
'Aeronaut Brewing Co.' and 'The Lights Out' Have Co-Released T.R.I.P. Beer
1. Rock Band Craft Beers - Opportunity for musicians to collaborate with craft breweries to create unique beer releases that combine music and alcohol experiences.
2. Albums as Marketing Tools - Potential for artists to release albums as part of a marketing campaign, partnering with brands to offer exclusive content with a product purchase.
3. Cross-promotion Between Industries - Opportunity for brands in the music and craft beer industries to collaborate on cross-promotional campaigns, leveraging each other's audiences and products.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can collaborate with musicians to develop new beers inspired by their music, enhancing the drinking experience for fans.
2. Music - Musicians can partner with brands like craft breweries to release exclusive content, offering fans a unique way to access their music.
3. Marketing and Branding - Brands can explore innovative marketing strategies by partnering with musicians and offering exclusive content or experiences to engage consumers.