Truck drivers know that maintaining a consistent cruising speed through hilly terrain is no easy feat, but Volvo Trucks has so much faith in its vehicles that 'The Flying Passenger' is hardly even a risk. The stunt involves towing a paraglider behind a Volvo truck, demanding that the vehicle stay within a safe range of speeds lest the glider face peril.
The Volvo FH that will be used to carry out 'The Flying Passenger' is equipped with a D13 Euro 6 engine and Volvo's I-Shift Dual Clutch gearbox. These features not only offer low fuel consumption, but they also give truck drivers unprecedented drivability. Considering that the stunt was carried out in the rolling terrain of Croatia's Dinarc Alps, those features are absolutely essential.
'The Flying Passenger' Will Feature a Volvo Truck Hauling a Glider
1. Paraglider-pulling Trucks - Opportunity for truck manufacturers to create specialized trucks for paraglider towing, offering enhanced safety features and fuel efficiency.
2. D13 Euro 6 Engine - Potential for engine manufacturers to develop more eco-friendly and fuel-efficient engines for heavy-duty trucks, reducing emissions and improving sustainability.
3. I-shift Dual Clutch Gearbox - Opportunity for transmission manufacturers to innovate and create dual clutch gearboxes that offer improved performance and drivability for trucks.
1. Automotive Manufacturing - Potential for automotive manufacturers to explore the production of specialized trucks for paraglider towing, catering to the needs of adventure enthusiasts.
2. Engine Manufacturing - Opportunity for engine manufacturers to develop and market eco-friendly engines for heavy-duty trucks, targeting environmentally conscious trucking companies.
3. Transmission Manufacturing - Potential for transmission manufacturers to invest in research and development to improve the performance and efficiency of dual clutch gearboxes for trucks.