Fido's in Portland, Oregon is introducing itself as "The World's First Dog Tap House" that gives people the chance to enjoy quality craft beer and potentially, find a four-legged companion to adopt.
In the same way that a cat cafe gives patrons the chance to sip drinks and mingle with the resident felines, Fido's Tap House caters to dog lovers. After an inspiring visit to a cat cafe, Fido's owner and founder Scott Porter found that dog owners have different interests, including that many craft beer lovers own dogs.
For the sake of safety, the tap room is separated from the day room, where visitors may play with pets. Oregon Friends of Shelter Animals, which provides the dogs, carries out the adoption process for animals and 25% of all profits from Fido's are put back into local animal charities.
Fido's is a Charitable Tap House That Supports Rescue Dogs
1. Dog Adoption Tap Houses - By combining the concept of a tap house with a dog adoption center, there are opportunities to create unique and engaging experiences for pet lovers while also promoting animal adoption.
2. Charitable Tap Houses - The concept of charitable tap houses, like Fido's, presents the opportunity for businesses to support local causes and make a positive social impact while providing a unique and enjoyable experience for customers.
3. Craft Beer and Pet Ownership - Creating spaces that cater to craft beer enthusiasts who are also pet owners can tap into a niche market and provide a space where like-minded individuals can connect and socialize.
1. Hospitality Industry - The hospitality industry can explore the concept of dog adoption tap houses to attract customers looking for unique experiences and to differentiate themselves in a competitive market.
2. Animal Welfare Industry - The animal welfare industry can partner with dog adoption tap houses to promote pet adoption and raise awareness about animal charities, creating a mutually beneficial relationship.
3. Craft Beer Industry - The craft beer industry can tap into the pet-loving market by collaborating with dog adoption tap houses to offer unique brews and attract a niche audience of craft beer enthusiasts who are also pet owners.