It's difficult for a brand to embody the same identity over decades and still appeal to contemporary consumers. Swan cigarette packaging undertook this feat with a redesign to please the eyes of 21st century smokers.
The JKR studio revamped the wrappers for this make of ciggy filters and papers, keeping the original icon of the graceful white waterbird, but representing it in rather post-modern ways. The pretty plumed creature is still placed in right-facing profile, but instead with colors and patterns that fragment its feathered form.
Silver, Red, Green and Licorice have remarkably different labels with their own textural intricacies. Maintaining the routine use of black and yellow hues amidst the new Swan cigarette packaging, the brand aims to be recognizable to longtime buyers but look fresh enough to entice new users.
Swan Cigarette Packaging Embraces a Contemporary Avian Elegance
1. Contemporary Branding - Brands can embrace a post-modern look while still maintaining recognizable icons and colors to appeal to modern consumers.
2. Fragmented Design - Creating designs that break up and reimagine traditional images can bring new life to aging brands.
3. Iconic Revamp - Redesigning iconic branding elements with modern twists can reinvigorate a brand and help attract new customers.
1. Tobacco - Tobacco companies can benefit from revamping their branding to keep up with modern design trends and attract new customers.
2. Packaging - Companies in the packaging industry can offer new and innovative ways to help brands reimagine their designs and stay relevant in a changing market.
3. Graphic Design - Graphic design professionals can offer their services to help brands transform their traditional images and revitalize their overall look and feel.