RE: VISION announced they have been working on a secret project. They have created a pair of prototype sunglasses made of 100% recycled paper.
With climate change supercharging over recent years and the signs becoming more visible everywhere we look, the brand hopes this project can spark change.
The sunglasses have no negative impact on the environment whatsoever. Made of recycled paper, the entire frame is biodegradable.
The whole process from the design, manufacturing, and final product puts the environment first. Their end goal is to encourage the sunglass industry to shift away from the use of plastic before it's too late to make a change.
The brand is replacing all future models that are not sustainable and replacing them with new renewable materials.
Image Credit: RE: VISION
Re: Vision Announced They Have Been Working on a Secret Project
1. Biodegradable Sunglasses - The shift towards using renewable materials in the eyewear industry presents an opportunity for manufacturers to cut down on plastic waste and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability.
2. Recycled Paper Materials - The use of recycled paper materials in sunglasses can signal an opportunity for other industries to adopt more eco-friendly practices in their products.
3. Sustainable Fashion - The rise of sustainable fashion has encouraged companies to rethink their production processes and create products that have a positive impact on the environment.
1. Eyewear - Eyewear manufacturers can explore the use of biodegradable and recycled paper materials as a way to address concerns about plastic waste and increase their sustainability efforts.
2. Packaging - The packaging industry could adopt renewable materials like those used in the prototype sunglasses to address concerns about plastic waste and promote more sustainable practices in packaging design.
3. Printing and Stationery - Printing and stationery manufacturers can use recycled paper materials in their products to reduce waste and demonstrate their commitment to sustainability.