The Ribena Zero Sugar Sparkling drink is a fruit-forward refreshment crafted with consumer demand in mind to help them enjoy the rich blackcurrant flavor without the sugar. The beverage will come in 500ml and two-liter bottles to support shoppers looking for something to enjoy now and enjoy later, respectively. Rich in vitamin C, the beverage is well-positioned to excel on the market ahead of HFSS legislation, which is set to come into effect in the UK in October.
Head of Ribena at Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I Sarah Fleetwood spoke on the Ribena Zero Sugar Sparkling drink saying, "With the implementation of HFSS regulations on the horizon too, there is a big opportunity for retailers to maximise sales in zero-sugar soft drinks through category favourites and new additions like Ribena Sparkling Zero Sugar."
Ribena Zero Sugar Sparkling Meets Consumer Demand
1. Zero-sugar Beverages - The increase in demand for zero-sugar beverages is a disruptive innovation opportunity for beverage companies to launch new products and gain more market share.
2. Sparkling Drinks - The popularity of sparkling drinks presents an opportunity for beverage companies to introduce new flavors and variants in sparkling form.
3. Vitamin-enriched Beverages - The demand for vitamin-enriched beverages provides an opportunity for beverage companies to offer functional beverages targeting health-conscious customers.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry has a disruptive innovation opportunity to develop and launch sugar-free, sparkling, and vitamin-enriched drinks to cater to changing consumer preferences and regulatory trends.
2. Retail Industry - The retail industry has a disruptive innovation opportunity to maximize sales in the zero-sugar soft drinks category by stocking up on popular brands and new additions such as the Ribena Sparkling Zero Sugar drink.
3. Health and Wellness Industry - The health and wellness industry has a disruptive innovation opportunity to leverage the growing demand for functional beverages and promote vitamin-enriched drinks.