Most fitness-focused wearables try to check off many different tasks, from monitoring heart rates to counting steps to tracking sleep and more, but the Polar OH1 opts to master one function rather than doing decently at several. The newly released device measures heart rate and heart rate alone, using optical technology that provides the most accurate data possible.
Part of the benefit of such a specified product is that it can be impressively accurate while still saving consumers money. The Polar OH1 can save up to 200 hours of heart rate data from workouts, but it costs less that half the price of competing wearables that come with extra features. Plus, the device can couple with other Polar products through the company's app, so it can still contribute to a complete workout analysis.
The Polar OH1 is a Precise Heart Rate Tracker
1. Specialized Fitness Wearables - Developing wearables that focus on mastering one function, such as heart rate monitoring, to provide accurate data at a lower cost.
2. Optical Technology in Health Monitoring - Exploring the use of optical sensors to improve the accuracy of heart rate tracking and other health monitoring functions.
3. Data-driven Workout Analysis - Developing app-based platforms that can collect and analyze heart rate data from wearables to provide comprehensive workout analysis.
1. Fitness Wearable Manufacturing - Manufacturing companies that specialize in producing fitness wearables that focus on specific functions, such as heart rate monitoring.
2. Health Monitoring Technology - Companies specializing in the development of optical technology for health monitoring, including heart rate sensors.
3. Fitness App Development - Companies that create apps for collecting and analyzing workout data from fitness wearables, specifically focusing on heart rate tracking.