When it comes to providing tailored information on a pharmaceutical bottle, printed paper labels are most often used. To bring this highly outdated system into the future, E Ink and Faubel introduced 'The Med Label.'
This smart labeling system for investigational medicinal products integrates low-voltage film technology from E Ink, along with RFID technology, so that pharmaceutical packaging may be updated as needed on-demand. This is particularly noteworthy, considering that the low-power, battery-free E Ink display may even be updated on a sealed kit.
Beyond the benefits that this smart packaging solution offers for the clinical trial supply chain, it also has the potential to support the pharmaceutical industry's continued use of digital tools going forward in the years to come.
'The Med Label' Integrates an E-Ink Display for On-Demand Updates
1. Smart Packaging Solutions - E-Ink pharmaceutical bottles with on-demand updates offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for the packaging industry.
2. Integration of Low-voltage Film Technology - The integration of E-Ink's low-voltage film technology with RFID technology presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the pharmaceutical industry.
3. Continued Use of Digital Tools - The use of E-Ink and RFID technology in pharmaceutical packaging supports the industry's ongoing adoption of digital tools.
1. Packaging - The smart packaging solutions provided by E-Ink and Faubel offer disruptive innovation opportunities in the packaging industry.
2. Pharmaceutical - The integration of E-Ink and RFID technology in pharmaceutical packaging presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the pharmaceutical industry.
3. Digital Tools - The use of E-Ink and RFID technology in pharmaceutical packaging supports the continued adoption of digital tools in the healthcare industry.