The William Street Beer Co is a new craft brewery located in Cobourg, Ontario boasting a dynamic range of package designs for its line that includes a pale ale and amber ale. Created by Freshly Packaged, the bottles and cans for the range of William Street brews project a romanticized maritime theme that includes a fox, seagull and mermaids.
The idyllic branding features marine-inspired animated characters like the seagull bearing a Wes Anderson-esque red toque and turtleneck present on the Cliff Top Pale Ale cans.
Other varieties in the William Street Beer Co range that boast particularly interesting bottle designs include the White Sail Wheat, which comes wrapped in netting and pipe-smoking fish on the North Shore Blonde Ale bottle. The entire range of packaging is inspired by the town of Cobourg's marine heritage.
The William Street Beer Co is a New Microbrewery with Style
1. Dynamic Range of Package Designs - Opportunity for customized packaging and unique design elements to differentiate products in competitive industries.
2. Romanticized Maritime Theme - Opportunity for utilizing nostalgia and sentimentality to create unique brand identities that stand out in crowded markets.
3. Marine-inspired Animated Characters - Opportunity for using illustrations or animations as a way to tell a story and evoke emotions through branding.
1. Craft Beer - Opportunity for breweries to differentiate themselves through creative packaging and design, playing up locality and story.
2. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage brands to use packaging as a canvas for creative expression and storytelling.
3. Tourism - Opportunity for tourist destinations to use nostalgia and local heritage as branding tools, appealing to customers' desire for unique experiences.