Jeroen Koolhaas and Dre Urhahn's 'O Morro' project took over the slums (or favela) of Rio de Janeiro and transformed the usually dreary housing projects into a rainbow wonderland.
Meant to bestow residents with a sense of pride in their housing, the project spanned an area of about 7,000 square meters and employed local youth to complete the project. 'O Morro' will also help to bring art to people who may not usually have access to it.
Jeroen Koolhaas and Dre Urhahn's 'O Morro' Transforms Drab to Fab
1. Community Art Initiatives - Opportunities for businesses to support community-based art projects that transform urban spaces and improve quality of life.
2. Regeneration of Urban Areas - Potential for businesses to invest in revitalizing underprivileged neighborhoods through creative and innovative approaches.
3. Youth Employment and Empowerment - Innovative solutions to engage and empower local youth in meaningful projects that contribute to their communities.
1. Real Estate and Urban Development - Potential for disruptive innovation in transforming housing projects and creating vibrant, inclusive communities.
2. Nonprofit and Social Services - Opportunities for organizations to collaborate and support community-driven initiatives aimed at improving living conditions and fostering creativity.
3. Art and Design - Innovations in public art installations that bring beauty, inspiration, and pride to marginalized communities.