Nike has been venturing into new territory as of late with a new footwear design to beat the two-hour marathon barrier, an athletic hijab for Muslim women and the first-ever Nike Plus Size Collection.
This new collection for women from Nike introduces sports bras, t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, tights, shorts and more in sizes from XL to 3XL. Currently, the Plus Size Collection is available online, as well as in select retailers across North America and Europe.
Major brands like Nike are leading discussions around acceptance, body diversity and body positivism through campaigns, marketing stunts and new clothing collections like this one that challenge consumer perspectives on what an athlete looks like and how they dress.
The Nike Plus Size Collection Introduces a Range of Extended Sizes
1. Body-positive Sports Brands - Opportunity for sports brands to cater to diverse body types and challenge traditional perceptions of athleticism through inclusive designs and marketing.
2. Extended Sizing Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to make larger sizes a priority and tap into an often underserved market of plus-size consumers.
3. Body-positive Marketing - Opportunity for brands to make body inclusivity a core message in their marketing, appealing to consumers who are increasingly rejecting traditional beauty standards.
1. Sportswear Industry - Opportunity to capitalize on a growing demand for inclusive sports clothing and accessories that cater to a diverse range of body types.
2. Fashion Industry - Opportunity to create fashion collections that prioritize inclusivity and cater to the often neglected plus-size market.
3. Marketing Industry - Opportunity to challenge traditional beauty standards and capitalize on the demand for body-positivity in marketing, helping brands connect with consumers on a more authentic level.