Misadventure & Co is an audacious San Diego distillery that's creating new products for bartenders, while addressing America's food waste crisis.
Contrary to popular belief, vodka can be made from any ingredient that contains the proper proportions of sugar and starch. After combining this research with the fact that 40% of food grown in America ends in a landfill, the distillery sought to improve the current waste system by using compost to distill its quality craft spirits. The company makes weekly trips to the food bank, collecting old bread products that would have otherwise gone to a landfill. After collection, the waste is used to create the boozy end product.
The vodka is both high quality and sustainable, catering to a growing demographic of drinkers who hold businesses accountable for environmental initiatives.
Misadventure & Co Creates Its Vodka from Old Bread Products
1. Sustainable Spirit Distilling - Distilleries can create quality craft spirits and address food waste by incorporating sustainable practices into the distillation process, catering to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Circular Economy Alcohol Production - Breweries and distilleries can reduce their impact on the environment by sourcing ingredients from local food banks or repurposing waste from their own production process as inputs, creating a circular economy.
3. Innovative Ingredient Vodka - More and more vodka producers are experimenting with innovative ingredients that cater to the changing preferences of consumers who seek unique taste experiences.
1. Alcoholic Beverage Manufacturing - Distilleries and breweries can innovate their production processes to create quality craft spirits and reduce their environmental impact through sustainable practices.
2. Food and Beverage Waste Management - Food banks and waste management companies can explore opportunities to collaborate with breweries and distilleries to repurpose food waste into inputs for the production of alcoholic beverages.
3. Sustainable Consumer Goods - Consumers are increasingly demanding products that prioritize sustainability, offering opportunities for companies to differentiate themselves in the marketplace through environmentally conscious innovation.