It's hard to imagine a more convenient option for curbing hunger than fast food, but with the new McDonald's mobile ordering options, the whole process will be even more streamlined.
Reportedly, the chain is the first major restaurant of its kind to implement the technology, however Wendy's, Burger King, and Jack in the Box are also in the process of making it available to consumers. Jeff Farmer, an analyst, described this shift by saying, "Restaurant consumers are aggressively gravitating toward concepts that offer the greatest level of convenience and control across ordering, payment and distribution."
So far, McDonald's mobile ordering is only set to become available in its US locations -- which total 14,000. In addition, the chain will be installing even more ordering kiosks to increase efficiency.
McDonald's Mobile Ordering Will Be Available in Its US Restaurants
1. Mobile Ordering - Implementing mobile ordering technology in fast-food chains presents a disruptive innovation opportunity to streamline the food ordering process and enhance convenience for customers.
2. Convenience and Control - The shift towards concepts that offer a high level of convenience and control in the ordering, payment, and distribution process provides a disruptive innovation opportunity for restaurants to attract more customers.
3. Increased Efficiency - Using ordering kiosks to increase efficiency in fast-food chains opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity to expedite order processing and minimize wait times for customers.
1. Fast Food - The fast-food industry has the opportunity to leverage mobile ordering technology and enhance convenience for customers, potentially gaining a competitive advantage in the market.
2. Restaurant - Restaurants can tap into the trend of offering convenience and control in the ordering process by implementing mobile ordering technology, attracting more customers and enhancing their dining experience.
3. Technology - The technology industry can support fast-food chains and restaurants by providing innovative mobile ordering solutions and efficient ordering kiosks, offering disruptive opportunities to optimize customer experiences.