Developed by French company Raylier, this luminous jacket promises to keep bikers safe in dark conditions by making them more visible on the road. These illuminating qualities are thanks to embedded LED strips which sync up with the lights on a motorcycle. This is the core concept that drove the development of the luminous jacket as according to Baptiste Rosay, one of the co-founders of Raylier, "more than 60 percent of bikers’ accidents are due to a lack of visibility."
The jacket itself is made of an incredibly tough leather, which is of a higher quality than materials used by competitors at a similar price range. Each luminous jacket also features a visco-elastic protective shell that helps reduce the damage of several injuries in a crash. The LEDs are easily controlled through a switch on the back and are available in both red and white LEDs.
The Raylier Luminous Jacket Helps Increase Motorcyclist Safety
1. Led-powered Safety Gear - Developing safety gear with embedded LED strips that increase visibility in dark conditions.
2. High-quality Tough Leather Materials - Creating products with tougher and higher quality leather materials compared to competitors.
3. Visco-elastic Protective Shells - Integrating visco-elastic materials into protective gear to reduce injuries in case of a crash.
1. Motorcycle Gear - Opportunity for motorcycle gear manufacturers to incorporate LED strips for improved visibility and enhance safety features.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Innovating the fashion and apparel industry by designing high-quality, durable leather jackets for motorcyclists.
3. Sports and Outdoor Safety - Developing and marketing protective gear with visco-elastic materials to reduce injuries during sports and outdoor activities.