The Lotus Botanical Elixir is a drink that promises to restore your balance. The slightly carbonated beverage is naturally sweetened and available in a delicious assortment of berry flavors. The drink is infused with botanical adaptogens that relieve the physical symptoms of stress.
But the balance doesn't stop at your body and mind; the drink is being launched in Rexam 12oz. Sleek cans. Aluminum cans are both durable and sustainable -- in fact, aluminium has no limit to how often it can be recycled, and can be converted back into a can in as little as 60 days. In this way, the Lotus Botanical Elixir works to restore a sense of balance to the environment, as well as your body.
The challenge of the design was to make the aluminum packaging sophisticated and reflective of the natural ingredients in the product. Tactile printing technology created the "raised and textured" section of the can. This detail creates a more physical relationship with the user holding the can, allowing the rest of the design to stay clean and minimal.
The Lotus Botanical Elixir is a Harmonious Package
1. Adaptogenic Beverages - Opportunity to introduce natural products with stress-relieving botanical adaptogens infused in beverages.
2. Sustainable Packaging - Opportunity for companies to use environmentally-friendly packaging that reduces waste and can be recycled effectively.
3. Tactile Printing Technology - Opportunity to use tactile printing technology to enhance the physical experience of holding packaging.
1. Beverage Industry - The beverage industry could create more products focused on adaptogens, and implement sustainable packaging solutions.
2. Packaging Industry - The packaging industry could leverage on product differentiation by producing eco-friendly and sophisticated packaging designs.
3. Printing Industry - The printing industry could explore opportunities to incorporate tactile printing technology into packaging designs to enhance sensory experiences for customers.