LOOP Water Kefir is a gut-friendly beverage that's made with northern plant hydrosols, which the brand describes as "an infused water normally rejected in the making of essential oils." The refreshing canned drinks are offered in unique varieties like Strawberry Labrador Tea, Orange Clementine Sweet-Fern and Ginger Goldenrod, which set themselves apart from other kinds of traditional kefir beverages and popular sparkling water products.
The beverages are made with a base of filtered water, plus other rescued ingredients like fresh produce from the food industry. LOOP turns "ugly" produce into flavorful cold-pressed juices, as seen with the "imperfect ginger and lemons" that go into the making of the canned Ginger Goldenrod variety, which is also packed with vegan probiotics.
Image Credit: LOOP
LOOP's Water Kefir Helps to Repurpose Food Industry Leftovers
1. Upcycling Food Waste - LOOP's use of food industry leftovers in their Sparkling Kefir Waters sets a trend of upcycling food waste to create unique food and beverage products.
2. Innovative Kefir Beverages - The unique flavors of Strawberry Labrador Tea, Orange Clementine Sweet-Fern, and Ginger Goldenrod in LOOP's Sparkling Kefir Waters create a trend towards innovation in kefir beverages.
3. Gut-healthy Products - LOOP's gut-friendly Sparkling Kefir Waters made with vegan probiotics set a trend for the creation of more gut-healthy food and beverage products.
1. Food and Beverage - The use of leftover produce and plant hydrosols in LOOP's Sparkling Kefir Waters presents opportunities for the food and beverage industry to explore sustainable and innovative ingredients.
2. Sustainability - LOOP's focus on upcycling food waste in their Sparkling Kefir Waters highlights opportunities for the sustainability industry to continue exploring renewable and environmentally friendly product solutions.
3. Probiotic Supplements - As consumers become more interested in gut health, LOOP's Sparkling Kefir Waters made with vegan probiotics suggest an opportunity for the development of more probiotic-infused food and supplement products.