You may notice that the numbers of plain cardboard cartons have increased amidst the specialty and health food sections of grocery stores. Laucke Flour packaging follows this shift towards a much earthier appearance, with the aim of capturing the attention of natural cooks.
To the consumer, the use of unprinted brown card and the limiting of dyes and inks often references a certain care of the environment or the organic purity of the ingredients inside. Its simplicity and minimally processed appearance may also suggest a certain degree of hand harvesting, preparation and wrapping that communicates top quality.
For all of the aforementioned reasons, Black Squid Design's revamping of Laucke Flour packaging means that it matches the craving of proficient and professional bakers, who are of course the target consumers of the product.
Laucke Flour Packaging Communicates a Crisp Integrity and Quality
1. Earthy Packaging - As plain cardboard cartons increase amidst specialty and health food sections, there is an opportunity for earthy packaging designs that communicate care for the environment and organic purity of ingredients.
2. Simplicity and Minimalism - The use of unprinted brown card and limiting dyes and inks suggest handmade and minimally processed products, catering to consumers who value top quality and craftsmanship.
3. Specialty and Niche Branding - As professional and proficient bakers become the target consumers of artisanal products, there is a growing opportunity for niche branding strategies that cater to specific consumer groups.
1. Food Packaging - There is an opportunity for food packaging companies to innovate earthy packaging designs that cater to the growing interest in natural ingredients and environmentally-friendly production processes.
2. Artisanal Baking - Artisanal baking companies can leverage the demand for minimally processed and handmade products by adopting unique and niche branding strategies, catering to the needs of specific consumer groups.
3. Organic Food Production - As consumers increasingly value organic purity and sustainability, there is an opportunity for organic food producers to use earthy and minimalist branding and packaging designs to communicate their commitment to environmentally-friendly practices.