This funny Kit Kat ad tells the story of a worker who decided to take the slogan of the chocolate brand to heart during the installation of this billboard. By now, the Kit Kat's "Have a break, have a Kit Kat," slogan is extremely well known. Rather than completing the phrase, the billboard is set up to look as though whoever was installing it decided to give up on their job halfway through and take a break instead, abandoning ladder and all.
The ironic ad brings a playful twist to the well-known slogan, while still providing enough identifiable elements so that you know that the ad could only be in reference to a bar of Kit Kat chocolate, which is mostly thanks to the iconic red and white coloring of the print.
This Kit Kat Ad Shows a Literal Take on the Brand's Slogan
1. Ironic Advertising - The use of irony in advertising campaigns to create a playful and memorable experience.
2. Brand Playfulness - Brands incorporating humor and wit into their marketing to engage consumers.
3. Minimalist Design - The use of simple, iconic elements and colors to create memorable advertisements.
1. Chocolate Industry - Innovative marketing strategies for chocolate brands to stand out in a competitive market.
2. Advertising Industry - Opportunities for creative and witty advertisements to capture consumer attention and generate brand awareness.
3. Outdoor Advertising Industry - The use of unconventional and eye-catching billboards to create memorable experiences for passersby.