While most people know Reese's for its peant butter cups, the brand's Take5 bar is the star of Reese's Super Bowl ad. The bar has five main ingredients, including not just the beloved pairing of peanut butter and chocolate but also crunchy peanuts, caramel and pretzels.
The 'Rock' Super Bowl ad is based around the idea that this bar is "the best candy bar you’ve never heard of." The ad spot unfolds with a woman in an office wondering why people haven't heard of the bar and her conclusions play off of idioms like "living under a rock," "being born yesterday" or even "being raised by wolves." All of the woman's co-workers are literally depicted in these scenarios, excusing them from being familiar with Take5.
Reese's Super Bowl Commercial for the Take5 Bar Explores Idioms
1. Unique Candy Bar Commercials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating unconventional and humorous advertisements to stand out in the crowded candy bar market.
2. Exploring Unconventional Candy Ingredients - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experimenting with unique flavor combinations and unexpected ingredients to create innovative and differentiated candy bars.
3. Marketing Based on Idioms and Cultural References - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging idioms and cultural references in marketing campaigns to connect with consumers and create memorable brand experiences.
1. Confectionery - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reimagining traditional candy bars by incorporating new ingredients and exploring innovative packaging and visual branding.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing cutting-edge and humorous advertisements that break the mold of traditional candy bar commercials and capture audience attention.
3. Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating out-of-the-box marketing strategies that incorporate cultural references and resonate with consumers on a deeper level.